The 2018 White Stag Tasting Panel
That time of year is upon us once again!
Call out to all White Stags - the 2018 tasting panel needs you. Would you like to join the panel this year? First of all, we need to check that you would still like to receive our White Stag newsletters from us. If you have received our last e-mail leading you to this web page, you have fully updated your preferences and for that we thank you most kindly!
If we don't have your permission to continue contacting you, unfortunately we will have to remove you from our mailing list after 25th May 2018 and you will miss the updates on this year's White Stag Tasting panel and bottling.
Back to the fun part...!
What is the White Stag Tasting Panel?
If you're new to our community...WELCOME! In Spring every year, we ask our online community of White Stags to get in touch and volunteer to be a member on our annual tasting panel which decides on the whisky to be bottled for our annual White Stag bottling. A panel of 20 members are sent a tasting pack containing three different whiskies. The whiskies will be labelled only 1, 2 and 3. You will have no additional information so as to ensure as unbiased a result as possible! As a panel member, your task is to blind taste all three samples (how awful) and decide which one you would like to see officially bottled for the community.
What's in it for me?
- You will receive 3 samples of stunning, handcrafted cask strength Arran Single Malt to blind taste - enough for you to involve a couple of your friends and make a night of it. They will be labelled only 1, 2 and 3 so you will have no information on their exact provenance, other than that they are Arran Single Malt. They are free of charge.
- You will pick your favourite and cast your vote. The winning sample will be bottled as the official White Stag Fourth Release.
- You will contribute to the 'super tasting note' compiled from all the panel member's tasting notes - this will be printed on the gift box of the final product.
- You will have your name printed on gift box of the final product as a gesture of thanks for your participation.
- You will have the opportunity to reserve a bottle for purchase, and will receive it before the rest of the bottles are put on general sale.
So, how do I get involved?
- E-mail us a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org of you enjoying your favourite expression of Arran Single Malt Whisky - the more fun and unusual the better! Stories explaining the photos are welcome! Please do this by Sunday 27th May 2018 at midnight.
- Make sure you include your full name and postal address in your e-mail. Entries without this information won't be considered. Please also indicate on your e-mail if you are happy for your photo to be shared on our social media pages or not. We need your permission in order to share any of your images.
What will happen next?
We will contact all those who have been selected for the tasting panel week commencing Monday 4th June 2018. If we don't get in touch by Wednesday 6th June 2018 you can assume that you were not selected on this occasion.
For those who have been selected, we will send out your tasting pack and expect your final choice and tasting notes by 9am on Monday 18th June. We will e-mail you shortly thereafter to tell you which sample has been chosen. We will announce the winning whisky in our White Stag Facebook group at 7pm BST on Wednesday 20th June 2018. Make sure you are joined up to this group to keep up with all the news on this bottling! Join up HERE.
We will also be on Twitter and Instagram from 7pm on the same evening (20th June) to share some of the great photos from our White Stag community with our followers on there using the hashtags #arranwhisky and #ArranWhite Stag
So, what are you waiting for? We need our White Stags to help us choose another fantastic bottling for the community!
Terms & Conditions of entering the White Stag Tasting Panel
- You must be over 18 years-old or of legal drinking age in your country.
- You must provide your full name and postal address on your e-mail. If you don't we will be unable to accept your Please note that it is not possible for us to ship sample packs to every country. Here is a list of where we can ship to. Where possible, we will do our best to include as many of our White Stags from further afield as we can.
- You must be able to have tasted the whiskies and given feedback by Monday 18th June 2018.
- The Tasting Pack has no commercial value and is not for sale or re-sale. Each one will be numbered and marked specifically for its recipient.
- You are not obliged to make a purchase at any time. If you are successful and accept a place on the tasting panel, a bottle of the White Stag Fourth Release will be reserved for you, however, you are not obliged to purchase it.
27th May 2018 - all entries for the tasting panel must be received by midnight.
4th June 2018 - we will contact you this week if you have been successful in obtaining a place on the tasting panel.
18th June 2018 - all tasting notes and final choice of sample (1, 2 or 3) should be submitted.
20th June 2018 - Rendez-vous for all White Stags in our Facebook group at 7pm BST to find out which sample came out on top and what the other samples were.
Good Luck to all our White Stags! We are really looking forward to hearing from you and seeing your photos!