The 2017 White Stag Tasting Panel
The work of the 2017 White Stag Tasting Panel is done. The White Stag Third Release will soon be available. Keep an eye on your inbox for a release date.
What is the White Stag Tasting Panel?
If you're new to our community...WELCOME! In Spring every year, we ask our online community of White Stags to get in touch and volunteer to be a member on our annual tasting panel which decides on the whisky to be bottled for our annual White Stag bottling. A panel of 20 members are sent a tasting pack containing three different whiskies. The whiskies will be labelled only 1, 2 and 3. You will have no additional information so as to ensure as unbiased a result as possible! As a panel member, your task is to blind taste all three samples (dreadful business having to taste whisky in an official capacity) and decide which one you would like to see officially bottled for the community.
What's in it for me?
- You will receive 3 x 10cl samples of stunning, handcrafted cask strength Arran Single Malt to blind taste - enough for you to involve your friends and make a night of it. They will be labelled only 1, 2 and 3 so you will have no information on their exact provenance. They are free of charge.
- You will pick your favourite and cast your vote towards the final choice of which one will be bottled for the entire online community of White Stags.
- You will contribute to the 'super tasting note' compiled from all the panel member's tasting notes - this will be printed on the gift box of the final product.
- You will have your name printed on gift box of the final product as a gesture of thanks for your participation.
- You will have the opportunity to reserve a bottle for purchase, and will receive it before the rest of the bottles are put on general sale.
So, how do I get involved?
- E-mail us a brief story to firstname.lastname@example.org about why you think you should be part of this year's panel by Tuesday 30th May 2017 at midnight.
- Make sure you include your full name and postal address. Entries without this information won't be considered.
What will happen next?
We will contact all those who have been selected for the tasting panel week commencing Monday 5th June 2017. If we don't get in touch by Wednesday 7th June 2017 you can assume that you were not selected on this occasion.
For those who have been selected, we will send out your tasting pack and expect your final choice and tasting notes by 9am on Monday 19th June. We will e-mail you shortly thereafter to tell you which sample has been chosen. We will publically announce the winning whisky on Twitter at 7pm BST on Wednesday 21st June.
So, what are you waiting for? We need our White Stags to help us choose another fantastic bottling for the community!
Terms & Conditions of entering the White Stag Tasting Panel
- You must be over 18 years-old or of legal drinking age in your country.
- You must provide your full name and postal address on your e-mail. If you don't we will be unable to accept your entry.
- You must be able to have tasted the whiskies and given feedback by 19th June 2017.
- The Tasting Pack has no commercial value and is not for sale or re-sale. Each one will be numbered and marked specifically for its recipient.
- You are not obliged to make a purchase at any time. If you are successful and accept a place on the tasting panel, a bottle of the White Stag Third Release will be reserved for you, however you are not obliged to purchase it.
30th May 2017 - all entries for the tasting panel must be received by midnight.
5th June 2017 - we will contact you this week if you have been successful in obtaining a place on the tasting panel.
19th June 2017 - all tasting notes and final choice of sample (1, 2 or 3) should be submitted.
21st June 2017 - Rendez-vous for all White Stags on Twitter at 7pm BST to find out which sample came out top and what all the samples were!
Good Luck to all our White Stags! We are really looking forward to hearing from you.